One thing that is certain in this challenging real estate market is the need for full-time REALTORS®. Things are changing on a daily basis in the real estate market; whether its changes in upfront MIP (Mortgage Insurance Premium), changes to the purchase contract, new lead based paint removal regulations, the HVCC appraisal code, etc. I truly believe that it would be almost impossible to try and know all of these changes, while advising clients how to handle certain situations and protecting their best interests, when you are working at another job. It is very important when you are interviewing REALTORS® that you ask very specific questions such as:
- Are you working in real estate full-time or part-time?
- How long have you been working as a REALTOR®?
- How many real estate transactions did you close last year?
- Do you have a written Marketing Plan?
- What is the average sold price vs list price for your buyers compared to the market as a whole?
- Do you offer a service guarantee that lets me terminate the representation agreement at any time
- If you would like to see a full list of questions to ask your agent go to: Buyer Questions to Ask Your REALTOR® or Seller Questions to Ask Your REALTOR®