6 Things to You Need to Know About Denver
- The weather here is awesomely unpredictable and can change rapidly so wear layers and always bring a jacket. Historically no day is the same here!
- Denver caters to all: cyclists, art enthusiasts, hikers, runners, beer lovers, skiers, fishers, photographers, historians, music lovers, foodies, shoppers, sports fans, golfers, entrepreneurs, travelers, explorers and whatever else you are into.
- Denver is a sports town and offers 7 professional sports teams to cheer for. Go Broncos!
- Drink lots of water! Living at high altitude can dehydrate you faster than at lower altitudes.
- We are proud to be called the Mile High City (5280 feet above sea level). We’ve even commemorated it at Coor’s Field (purple row of seats in the third level) and at the Capitol (the 13th step is engraved with the words “One Mile Above Sea Level).
- The people here really are some of the nicest people you will meet.
For 43 more Reasons to Love Denver, check out this article in 5280 Magazine