Metro Denver 4th of July Celebrations
Because of this year’s fire ban, and high fire danger, many cities aren’t hosting fireworks displays. Below is a list of communities and their activities for the July Fourth holiday. Source: 7 News
- Sheriff Grayson Robinson has determined that all public/commercial fireworks displays planned for communities in Arapahoe County are prohibited.
- The city of Arvada’s annual Fourth of July celebration of the Spirit of America will continue on Wednesday, July 4 at the Lutz/Stenger Complex, W. 58th Avenue and Oak St. just west of Kipling, starting at 4:00 p.m. Festivities organized by Arvada Festivals Commission, the City of Arvada, KOOL105 Radio, and Apex Park and Recreation District include live music, kids’ amusements, a classic car show, a military display, great food. The fireworks display is canceled. Admission is Free. Parking will be available on a first come, first served basis (including handicapped parking) beginning at 3:00 P.M. in the Lutz and Stenger parking lots. Call 720-898-7400, or go to Arvada.org for more information.
- Because of the unprecedented wildfire season, the city of Aurora has canceled its Fourth of July fireworks display However, all other celebrations, including live music and entertainment, will take place on Aurora’s Great Lawn located on the west side of the Aurora Municipal Center, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 4. Free activities for kids abound with face painters, balloon twists, a stilt walker and craft making throughout the evening. Limited seating is available on the Aurora Municipal Center lawn. Visit AuroraGov.org or call 303-326-8FUN.
- Fireworks at Friendship Park on 8th and Southern St. on July 4. We will “Brighten the Brighton” sky at 9 p.m. Come at 6 p.m. and enjoy the music, concessions and other activities in the park. For more information, call the event hotline: (720) 685-7339. Learn more at BrightonCo.gov
- Great American Picnic and Fireworks Extravaganza will be held at Broomfield County Commons, located at 132nd and Sheridan on July 4. We start our celebration at 6 p.m. with children’s entertainment and carnival games. At 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert. Bring your picnic dinner or enjoy a hot dog grilled to perfection for a minimal cost at the park. After the concert, at dusk, the fireworks display begins, approximately 9:15 p.m. at the Broomfield Commons. For additional information, call (303)-464-5530 or visit broomfield.org/events
- Castle Rock has canceled its fireworks planned for Metzler Ranch Community Park..
CHERRY HILLS VILLAGE
- Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson has issued a ban on all private and public fireworks displays within Arapahoe county. Subsequently, the annual fireworks display at the Cherry Hills Village Country Club scheduled for July 4, 2012 has been canceled.
- On July 4, the fireworks will start after the Rapids game at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Free family festivities kickoff at 5 p.m. with a kid’s circus, karaoke, live 80s band, zip line, mechanical bull, climbing wall and many other activities for all to enjoy. Fireworks begin at 10 p.m. from Dick’s Sporting Good Park. Tune into 92.5 The Wolf to hear music show along with the fireworks! More information available at ColoradoRapids.com or to the official website 4thFestColorado.com or call 303-727-3500.
- Denver’s fireworks at the Civic Center Park will be held on TUESDAY, July 3. Come to the free community event featuring a patriotic concert by The Colorado Symphony, an innovative light show and stunning rooftop fireworks display atop the Denver City and County Building. Seating is first-come, first-served. Food vendors will be on-site, but picnics are also welcome. Learn more at Denver.org
- Celebrate Independence Day at Sports Authority at Mile High with the Denver Outlaws on July 4, 2012! See the Outlaws take on expansion team the Ohio Machine and stay after the game for the largest close-proximity fireworks show in the city. Tickets start at just $15 and can be purchased at denveroutlaws.com or by calling 303-OUTLAWS!
- The Colorado Rockies will have fireworks after their games on FRIDAY, June 29 and SATURDAY, June 30. Buy tickets online at ColoradoRockies.com
- You can celebrate Independence Day at Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park. After a day filled with roller coaster rides, entertaining live shows, water slides and cotton candy, relax and enjoy a colorful fireworks display at 9 p.m.
- Blues Traveler concert on July 4 begins at 6 p.m. Red Rocks provides a good view of the fireworks show downtown. For more information go to RedRocksOnline.com
- The 22nd Annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival will be taking place July 6-8. The arts festival weekend event is a world-class and award-winning celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts. The CCAF is located in Denver’s Cherry Creek North Business District, from 2nd to 3rd, on the six streets starting on Clayton through Steele. Learn more info at CherryArts.org.
- The Denver County Club has canceled its fireworks display for 2012.
- There will be no public fireworks displays anywhere in Douglas County. Sheriff has prohibited all professional fireworks displays.
- The fireworks show in Edgewater has been canceled this year.
- Because of the extreme fire danger in Colorado, the fireworks show scheduled for the 4th of July at Cornerstone Park has been canceled. Arapahoe County Sheriff Robinson has banned all professional fireworks displays in Arapahoe County due to the high fire danger. Learn more about the towns other celebrations at City of Englewood.
- The July 3rd fireworks display is a professional display hosted by the Colorado National Golf Course and funded in part by the Town of Erie. Festivities are scheduled to begin at 5 pm and the fireworks begin at dusk. For more information and updates, please visit the Colorado National Golf Course website.
- The fireworks display that was to happen on July 3rd has been canceled due to the heightened fire danger throughout the area.
- The City of Golden has canceled its fireworks show because of Jefferson County’s fire ban. For more information call the Golden Chamber of Commerce at 303-279-3113.
GREEN VALLEY RANCH
- The fireworks show has been postponed. However, the live concert and festivities are still on. To learn more, go to GVRCO.com or call 303-595-8747.
- Due the high fire danger, Highlands Ranch has decided to cancel their fireworks show this year. For more on the towns other celebrations, go to HRCAonline.org.
- Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink has canceled all commercial fireworks displays scheduled for the Independence Day holiday throughout the county. Bandimere Speedway and the Rolling Hills Country Club have also canceled their fireworks shows.
- While fireworks have been canceled, the festival is still on. Learn more at LakewoodonParade.org.
- Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink has canceled all commercial fireworks displays scheduled for the Independence Day holiday throughout the county, including the one at Clement Park hosted by ifoothills.org.
- The Fourth of July Family Festival and Fireworks Show planned at Progress and Cornerstone Parks near the intersection of Belleview and Windermere has been canceled. For more, go to Littletongov.org.
- The City of Lone Tree’s Independence Day event will continue without fireworks. Call 303-708-1818 or go to CityofLoneTree.com for more info.
- Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. over Webster Lake at E.B Rains Jr. Memorial Park, 117th Avenue and Community Center Drive (S.E corner of 120th and I-25). Scheduled activities include a pancake breakfast, a bake sale, a kids’ fun area with inflatables and a military recognition. Pedal boats will be available for rent throughout the day and during the fireworks show. Call 303-450-8713 for more information or go to Northglenn.org.
- Fireworks display has been canceled.
- Fireworks display at Thornton Multipurpose Fields at East 108th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard at 9:35 p.m. Events prior to fireworks include walk-around entertainers, food and the Longmont Symphony Orchestra at 8 p.m. and a parachute jump just before fireworks go off. Call 303-255-7800 or CityofThornton.net for more information.
- The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has canceled all commercial fireworks shows this year, including the show planned in Westminster. The July 4 event will still take place, but the end of the evening will not include a fireworks show. Food vendors open at 6 p.m., at City Park. A free concert by Boogielicious starts at 7 p.m.