First off, if you are viewing my blog through www.LiveInMetroDenver.com, please excuse the current mess & aesthetics of it. My website provider is currently transitioning from an older version of Word Press to a newer one. With this transition it has caused my categories & tags to be removed and the formatting to look disorganized. They are working on getting this corrected, but the date of resolution is currently unknown.
Second off, as you might have noticed I have slowed down the posting to my blog significantly. The reason being is that the Denver real estate market is on FIRE and I am working to adjust to the faster pace that homes are selling in metro Denver. Here are some stats showcasing this change (source: Metrolist YTD stats – April 2012):
Single Family (compared to April 2011)
- Average Sold Price – $298,712 – Up 9.83%
- Active Homes for Sale – 8,353 – Down 39.79%
- Homes Currently Under Contract – 4,622 – Up 19.19%
- Sold Homes – 3,133 – Up 14.55%
- Average Days on Market – 90 – Down 17.43%
Condo/Town Homes (compared to April 2011)
- Average Sold Price – $178,231 – Up 12.49%
- Active Homes for Sale – 1,901 – Down 52.15%
- Homes Currently Under Contract – 1,059 – Up 21.58%
- Sold Homes – 758 – Up 9.22%
- Average Days on Market – 91 – Down 26.02%
The market has shifted gears from a buyer’s market to a seller’s market and we are seeing multiple offers & offers over list price on homes for sale due to the lack of inventory. If you have any questions regarding your current home value or interested in buying or selling please contact me as I would love the opportunity to assist you.
You can also visit www.MetroDenverHomeValue.com to request a FREE online home valuation.