Here are some of my favorite things to do in Metro Denver in the winter:
- Strap on some ice skates and go ice skating at the outdoor rinks around town. In downtown Denver you can go to Skyline Park and skate for free. There is also a rink at Belmar or enjoy skating on Evergreen Lake
- Enjoy the Candlelight Walk and Tree Lighting on Littleton Boulevard. This tradition dates back 27 years and features the lighting of the lights on the Boulevard and Santa Clause (typically the Friday after Thanksgiving).
- Catch the annual Parade of Lights through 2 miles of Downtown Denver which features floats, Santa Clause, marching bands, balloons and other entertainment (typically the first week of December).
- Watch the Colorado Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker
- Visit the City and County building in Denver to see this beautiful building light up with over 600,000 lights.
- Drive around neighborhoods in Metro Denver to see amateur light displays
- Go skiing/snowboarding up in the mountains. Check out 5280 Magazine’s Ultimate Mountain Guide
- Take the family to the Denver Zoo for the annual Zoo Lights display
- Go christmas shopping on the 16th Street Mall, at Cherry Creek Mall, Aspen Grove, Park Meadows. Don’t forget that each mall does have a Santa that you can go and visit!
- Find and cut your Christmas tree at Golden Gate Canyon State Park (Golden)
- Check out more activities on www.MileHighHolidays.com
I hope you all have a warm and safe winter!