With summer coming to an end in Denver and fall approaching, I thought I would write a few of my favorite things that I like to do in the summer in Denver.
- Catch a baseball game at Coors Field and watch the Colorado Rockies perform some “mile high magic”
- Spend a day at Elitch Gardens one of the oldest theme parks in America (2010 marked the 120th year for Elitch Gardens)
- Listen to world famous musicians play at Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Take a ride down the Alpine Slide at Heritage Square
- Watch a movie with over 10,000 people at Red Rocks Amphitheater (“Film on the Rocks”)
- Visit the animals at the Denver Zoo
- Go to the art galleries on Santa Fe for the Art Walk (the first Friday of every month)
- Read a book under a tree in any park in metro Denver
- Go shopping on the 16th Street mall, Cherry Creek or Aspen Grove
- Of course any activity in the mountains (biking, driving, hiking) is always fun!
- Spend a day on a boat at Chatfield Reservoir or Cherry Creek Reservoir
- See coins being made at the Denver Mint (one of only two mints in the U.S.
Coors Field in LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver)
I hope you all have a great summer in Denver and check back here next summer for more fun things to do!